Sunday 2 May 2010

Final Trailer

Today I picked up both trailers, from Steph and Anthony, which I'm extremely pleased with, especially Steph's.

Final Trailer: I like the way it tells the story and focuses on the make up, and at the same time makes your heart race with excitement. It ticks all the boxes on the brief exactly as I intended. It showcases my make up really well, in a visually entertaining way and in keeping with the zombie theme. In producing this trailer I've learnt so much from being involved in the whole process of making a trailer from start to finish, and in doing so learnt a great deal about film production techniques from having to do it myself, such as filming, lighting, camera operating, editing, organisation skills as well as working as part of a team and creative thinking. Throughout this process, I have also come a long way in fine-tuning my skills as a make up designer. These are all skills that I intend to build on and will apply to work in the film industry, when I finish, which is the path I wish to take. Undertaking this project and working as part of a film production team, has made me even more determined to pursue a career in this area of the industry.

I have also really enjoyed the editorial aspect through practicing all my shoots and have undoubtedly improved my photographic make up skills. This has also given me an eye for detail which is especially vital on still photographs as every fine detail shows up and has to be absolutely perfect. I have also learnt that you must look out for these minute details like wayward hair, or shiny skin, from behind the camera as often the photographer doesn't see them at the time. As a make up artist I have learnt that you work with the photographer to get everything as near to perfection as possible, as re-touching afterwards is time consuming and expensive.

I've also learnt how to be really quick with make up both for photography as well as film. I had a restricted time of 20 minutes per zombie when we shot the trailer, and in industry speed is really important as you don't want everyone on set to be waiting for the make up artist.

No comments:

Post a Comment