Monday 8 February 2010

Researching...

I have been watching trailer after trailer on You Tube for inspiration, making notes on how long they are, what music they use, how it's cut to the music, and getting an overall idea of how it should be set out. I'll choose ideas to use as a template for mine so that it looks as professional as possible.

With this in mind, I've decided to use my next editorial photo shoot as an opportunity to experiment with moving image and see how it differs from film. Therefore I will build up the make up in a similar way to my last video clip, but give myself more to edit from. I got the idea from flip books. I love how you can create something unique by taking a series of images and adding more make up each time, and editing it in the right place. I was inspired by a moving image clip I saw at the Show Studio exhibition. I have tried to look it up but haven't managed to find it so it only remains a vivid memory. This clip would give a completely different effect to the original images and I'll be able to contrast and compare the two finished pieces.

No comments:

Post a Comment