Thursday 4 March 2010

Illamasqua talk

Spob O'Brien and Adam Sidwell are 'Illamasqua' make up artists who came in to give us a lecture on the new founded Illamasqua make up brand by Alex Box, which is only 19 months old.

They told us all about their branding and how it is about self expression and exploring your alto ego which is every person's darker side. It is all about not being afraid to try new things and experiment with bold colours.

I feel I learnt a great deal from this talk as Alex Box has come from a fine-art background and she expresses colour and texture within her work which is similar to how I like to work, therefore I can relate to her creative thinking. This has inspired me to be more free with my make up and loosen up with brush marks and colour, a distinctive theme of Illamasqua's brand. They like bold colours, shapes and structural shading techniques. Alex Box treats each make up design like a painting and that is something I should acknowledge within my work also.

No comments:

Post a Comment