Saturday 3 April 2010

Trailer casting! (and found a lighting man)

After a successful casting call on mandy.com I got 40 replies from actors and actresses that would like to participate in the trailer. I have now started to sift through them and shortlist the best bearing in mind location, experience and age. I will contact them and see who seems genuinely keen to take part.

I have found a lighting/camera guy called Giles Andrews from Ealing which isn't far from Kingston, which is where we'll be shooting. He has very kindly offered to pick up a lighting kit from an equipment rental store near him where he gets 20% discount which will save me money. I have decided to go with this guy as on his CV he has plenty of directing and lighting experience, with a degree in film production. When I spoke to him on the phone he was very enthusiastic to take part, and from the way he has described exactly what lights he'll need to create the dark, moody atmosphere I wish to achieve, he sounds like he knows what he's talking about. I have given him filming dates and I'm in the process of making a call sheet that I will send him, and post up on for everyone to see! I have agreed to pay for the equipment rental and his expenses.

No comments:

Post a Comment